FountainBlue’s January 15 When She Speaks, Women in Leadership Series event, on the topic of A Work-Life Balance the Works for Life!
We were fortunate to have panelists representing different backgrounds, upbringings and perspectives around work, life and balance! They have each successfully grown their careers, continually reaching for new roles and positions and better education as well. Collectively, our panelists shared the following pearls of wisdom for those seeking work-life balance.
- Know your priorities. The work can often wait, but embrace the opportunities to capture the joy of key moments with your loved ones, and make the effort to spend quality time with your friends and family.
- Plan-fully setting boundaries and communicating expectations transparently and iteratively can help you both enlist help and support and set you up for success.
- Remember that it’s a journey and not a destination – be fluid between the surviving and thriving spectrum, aiming more toward the right!
- Be known for having high standards and consistently delivering to those standards. Then you can build a reputation that will allow you the flexibility to decide how and when things get done, so that you can embrace those precious life moments.
- Select a company and a management team that speaks the talk, and walks the talk regarding work-life balance.
- Expect that life will happen, no matter what your plans are. Be kind to yourself and the important people in your life so that you can navigate through the rough patches together, and enjoy the calm moments.
- Having a supportive spouse makes a huge difference. Select one who wants to partner with you in achieving work and life goals.
- You don’t have be be-all, do-all. There’s no shame in getting help, whether it’s a maid or nanny, or whether it’s ordering in or eating out, or whether it’s tapping on a family member or neighbor to help out with kids or chores.
In the end, the work work can wait. Don’t let it overwhelm you and compromise your health. Help those who work with you adopt the perspective that they are each more important than the work they do, for they are valued more for who they are.
Please join us in thanking our speakers for FountainBlue’s January 15 When She Speaks, Women in Leadership Series event, on the topic of A Work-Life Balance the Works for Life and our gracious hosts at EMC.
- Facilitator Linda Holroyd, CEO, FountainBlue – Coach, Adviser and Consultant
- Panelist Angelique Egorerua, Sr. Manager, ECD Renewal Sales, Americas, EMC
- Panelist Sara Hepner, Vice President of Worldwide Services Sales, BMC Software
- Panelist Namrata Mummaneni, Director Quality, Core Product & Technology, eBay
- Panelist Karen Pieper, Director of Software Operations, Microsemi
- Panelist Sridevi Koneru Rao, Senior Director, Business Development, Cisco
- Panelist Lisa Violet, Vice President, Internal Audit and Business Continuity, Hitachi